Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ: SAVE) empowers customers to save money on air travel by offering ultra low base fares with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing customers the freedom to choose only the extras they value. This innovative approach grows the traveling market and stimulates new economic activity while creating new jobs. Spirit's modern fleet, configuration and other innovations enable Spirit to burn less fuel per seat than competitors, making Spirit one of the most environmentally-friendly U.S. carriers. Spirit's all-Airbus fleet currently operates more than 200 daily flights to over 50 destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America and Caribbean. Visit Spirit at www.spirit.com.
Purpose: Continuously grows productivity and return on talent for assigned workforce. Ensure that the assigned workforce has the capability, commitment and performance to deliver expected results and improve/sustain results.
- Ensure the assigned workforce has the talent to deliver expected results when needed through effective workforce/succession planning, employee and management development and training, and partnership/guidance with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Create extraordinary team commitment to Spiritís vision, values and objectives by partnering with functional leaders to deliver effective communication, onboarding, inclusion and recognition/reinforcement.
- Achieve and improve performance of assigned workforce by ensuring leaders manage performance effectively, retain top talent and systemically upgrade talent to achieve expected results.
- Grow productivity by consulting with management to identify, develop and implement process, behavioral, team and individual changes effectively.
- Ensure Spirit manages and treats all team members with integrity and fully meets legal employment standards through management coaching, direct open door connection and investigation and resolution of team member concerns and issues.
- Lead the Spirit-wide design, execution and results for assigned HR process(es) which may include: Compliance, Policies/Standards, Discipline, Recognition, etc.
- Investigation methods and actions.
- Application of Spirit standards and policies to specific situations.
HR: Broad knowledge of HR functions and processes including Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Communications,Workforce Planning, Succession Planning, Change Management, Recognition, Compensation and Benefits. Must have depth in employee relations and performance management.
Legal Compliance: Advanced knowledge of laws impacting HR processes and actions.
Customer-Focused: understands customer needs and meets them simply, quickly and cost-effectively. Helps customers use standard processes to achieve outcomes. Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships at all levels, collaborating with others across business, function, geographical boundaries.
Consulting Skills: seeks to understand, identifies and defines opportunities, partners to identify root causes using data, uses inclusion and participation to create shared ownership, creates action and results through effective planning, execution and measurement.
Communication Skills: Listens and shares information openly and effectively. Develops two-way understanding and open dialog. Builds communication and connection with others that leads to productive relationships. Creates ownership of process and results by effectively advocating and creating shared commitment.
Rigorous Execution: Executes effective standard processes and metrics to track both process and results with a demonstrated ROI. Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the desired and measured results; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
Trustworthy: Has a high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and discretion. Is direct and open, builds and sustains relationships with all stakeholders.
- Travel occasionally by car and plane to recruiting and business locations.
- Work under pressure of near 100% accuracy while meeting inflexible deadlines.
- Bachelorís Degree, preferably in HR or related field. MBA or Masters desired.
- 5+ years of directly related work experience in HR function preferably in a service business with distributed operations. Additional experience in other business functions desired. Experience in a labor organized environment preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments)
If you are interested in joining the largest Ultra Low Cost Carrier, please apply now at www.spirit.com/careers