Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq: SAVE) empowers customers to save money on air travel by offering ultra low base fares with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing customers the freedom to choose only the extras they value. This innovative approach grows the traveling market and stimulates new economic activity while creating new jobs. Spirit's modern fleet, configuration and other innovations enable Spirit to burn less fuel per seat than competitors, making Spirit the most environmentally-friendly U.S. carrier. Spirit?s all-Airbus fleet currently operates more than 200 daily flights to over 50 destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America and Caribbean. Visit Spirit at www.spirit.com.
This position is responsible for the analysis, development and maintenance of the Spirit's custom software systems. Spirit Lead Software Engineers are expert coders who are knowledgeable in efficient algorithms and data structures. They also command strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and have experience leading a development teams. They are unafraid to take on difficult challenges and are able to design and build innovative systems that solve complex real-world problems. They are a good communicator who explains technical details in a precise and succinct manner understandable to non-engineers, and seek a team of high-caliber peers with whom to collaborate.
- Accountable for specific web & software development projects, implementation and roll-out of new systems.
- Collaborate with scrum team, product owners, PMs, QA, BI and Operations to deliver individual sprints.
- Lead talented team of high caliber software development professionals.
- Provide detailed approach and estimates for project solutions.
- Acknowledge and continuously tackle issues identified for all deployed software solutions.
- Agile Development Process.
- Navitaire Stack: Skysales, Core API, Skyspeed, etc.
- Microsoft Stack: .NET, IIS, WCF, Windows, TFS, Visual Studio.
- Database Stack: SQL Server, Advanced TSQL.
- Ability to work with a globally distributed team.
- Command strong leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Unafraid to tackle difficult challenges.
- Aptitude to build innovative solutions to real world problems.
- Excellent communicator who summarizes technical details in a precise and succinct manner understandable to business users.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED required.
- BA in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with Navitaire or equivalent reservation system
- 7+ years’ experience in leading software development teams
- 3+ years’ experience in leading global delivery teams.
If you are interested in joining the largest Ultra Low Cost Carrier, please apply now.